Non Registered Union of Technical Society – Network Operator Group (NOG) of Georgia
● Non Registered Union of Technical Society – Network Operator Group (NOG) of Georgia (briefly GNOG) formed by the parties of the technical communities in Georgia who are interested in discussing and trying to solve challenges related to Internet operations and technical issues.
● All the signatories of this document represent a member of the GNOG.
● Realizing the important of involvement of all stakeholders in discussions and processes, the members of GNOG are welcoming all interested parties and individuals to engage and participate in these processes.
● GNOG aims to facilitate growth of the local and regioanl Internet technical community and be an essential part of the Global Internet community
● GNOG initiative accelerates the dialogue between the technical community, academia, government and other stakeholders
● GNOG aims to connect people with similar interests in Internet development, either at meetings or online, and gives participants a chance to share ideas, knowledge and make connections. GNOG initiative aims to Pomote the public consultation process and the
involvement of all stakeholders in the identification and discussion of local challenges and issues;
● GNOG should reflect the interests of all groups, and it needs to be balanced to achieve maximum benefit. It must proceed from the interests of all parties and be based on local needs. The program of the GNOG event should not only meet the interests of one particular group.
Structure & Organization
● The main decision-making body of GNOG is the Member Board (with all signed members of this charter), which consists of technical community, civil society and academia representatives. GNOG Member Board membership is free.
● The GNOG Member Board annualy elects GNOG Secretariat, which consists of three commitees:
○ Program Planning Committee (ProgramCom);
○ Executive Committee (ExCom);
○ Advisory Committee (Aadvisory Com);
● ProgramCom is responsible for the creation of the meeting programs, agendas, choosing speakers and etc. (12 members )
● ExCom is responsibble for organizational and other related issues. (5 members)
● AdvisoryCom consists of 5 members and has an advisory function.
● Each year, the members of the Member Board elect The GNOG Coordinator, who is in charge of organization, task delegation and coordiantion of all commetees.
● Decisions are making in the GNOG members meeting and in the committees with simple majority.
The Principles of GNOG
● The protection of fundamental human rights and liberties on the Internet, facilitation of democratic processes and the rule of law.
● Implementation of internet governance through involvement of all interested parties.
● Promotion of harmonization of international regulations and national laws.
● Promotion of strengthening of users’ rights.
● Promotion of universalization of the Internet.
● Promotion of internet security and reliability, sustainability and trust.
● Support of creation of approaches of internet governance based on decentralized and social responsibility.
● Facilitation of introduction of innovation, new technologies and the services in internet sector.
● Implementation of principles of open access and users’ freedom of choice.
● Promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity in internet, development of local content volume increase.
● Agreed recommendation and delivery by GNOG should be consistent with the above listed principles.
● GNOG will find supporting organizations and sponsors for events.
● Supporting organizations and sponsors are not allowed to affect, in any way, the agenda of the Forum.
GNOG meetings and events
● The number and location of GNOG meetings will be determined by the Member Board
● GNOG meetings will have online and on sight participation; chat, audio and video stream, as well as Georgian and English translation.
● GNOG meetings are non-discriminatory and inclusive GNOG will launch and maintain a mailing list for community. GNOG will promote and encourage usage of GNOG mailing list and/or other online tools.